SAQA ID: 50080
Services Seta: 2335
Learnership Duration: 12 Months
Contact Days: Customise to client-specific needs and learner experience/level
Target Market: Team Leader, Project Management Assistant, Event Planner, Project Co-ordinator, Project Administrator
Learners should be competent in the following:
- Communication at Level 3
- Mathematical Literacy at Level 3
- Computer Literacy at Level 3, or the equivalent thereof
There is strong need for qualified individuals with project management skills within South Africa. This is due to the implementation of a project management approach to work in many different organisations and industries as well as the number of development projects being implemented across the economy, including infrastructure development.
The Project management industry is integral in the global business environment and skilled practitioners are required to meet the demands of the industry, providing significant benefits to individuals, global corporations and the country.
This qualification aims to provide the foundation, or the initial skills required by an individual in an organisation to conduct projects successfully; be an effective project team member; undertake a range of project management administration or support tasks and contribute to the planning and execution of projects or sub-projects. It is designed for people working in a project environment as a team member, project administrator or leader of a small project/sub-project.
The primary purpose of the qualification is to provide learners with:
- A foundation of basic project management knowledge and skills which can be used to build further project management related competencies.
- Competence to be an effective project team member.
- Competence to provide administrative support to a project manager and team members.
- Competence to aid a project manager of medium to large projects.
On achieving this Qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Work with others to undertake or support the project management activities
- Assist the project manager and/or project team by contributing and participating in planning, execution and control activities
- Provide support to the administration of a project
For electives one of:
- Supervise a project team of a small project to deliver project objectives
- Support the project environment and management activities to deliver project objectives
- Describe and apply specialised technical methods, tools and techniques to a project to deliver project objectives
This qualification requires a total of 136 credits as listed below:
The Fundamental Component consists of 56 Unit Standards in:
- Mathematical Literacy at Level 4 to the value of 16 credits.
- Communication at Level 4 in a First South African Language to the value of 20 credits.
- Communication in a Second South African Language at Level 3 to the value of 20 credits.
Core: all 66 credits.
The Elective Component consists of Unit Standards to the value of 56 credits. Learners are to choose Unit Standards to the minimum of 14 credits.
|US ID||US Title||Level||Credits|
|8968||Accommodate audience and context needs in oral communication||Level 3||5|
|8969||Interpret and use information from texts||Level 3||5|
|8973||Use language and communication in occupational learning programmes||Level 3||5|
|8970||Write texts for a range of communicative contexts||Level 3||5|
|9015||Apply knowledge of statistics and probability to critically interrogate and effectively communicate findings on life related problems||Level 4||6|
|8974||Engage in sustained oral communication and evaluate spoken texts||Level 4||5|
|8975||Read analyse and respond to a variety of texts||Level 4||5|
|9016||Represent analyse and calculate shape and motion in 2-and 3-dimensional space in different contexts||Level 4||4|
|7468||Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal, business, national and international issues||Level 4||6|
|12153||Use the writing process to compose texts required in the business environment||Level 4||5|
|8976||Write for a wide range of contexts||Level 4||5|
|US ID||US Title||Level||Credits|
|120383||Provide assistance in implementing and assuring project work meets quality requirements||Level 3||6|
|120376||Conduct project documentation management to support project processes||Level 4||6|
|120373||Contribute to project initiation, scope definition and scope change control||Level 4||9|
|120374||Contribute to the management of project risk within own field of expertise||Level 4||5|
|120384||Develop a simple schedule to facilitate effective project execution||Level 4||8|
|120372||Explain fundamentals of project management||Level 4||5|
|120381||Implement project administration processes according to requirements||Level 4||5|
|120387||Monitor, evaluate and communicate simple project schedules||Level 4||4|
|120375||Participate in the estimation and preparation of cost budget for a project or sub project and monitor and control actual cost against budget||Level 4||6|
|120382||Plan, organise and support project meetings and workshops||Level 4||4|
|120379||Work as a project team member||Level 4||8|